Thursday, October 27, 2005

5 days to go

Here's the tally for Tuesday:

New pages written: 5
Old pages revised on paper: Chapter 7, 8, 10, 11
Pages of revisions typed in: 10, 11
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: ?
Total page count to date: 216 (goal: 200 pages)
Days remaining until D-day: 5

Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 1

Chocolate consumed: donut, ice cream
Junk food consumed: none
Exercise: none
Television watched: Invasion and QVC Star Wars show (LOST was a repeat so I wrote)
Pictures of Hayden downloaded: none
Tears: none
Weight loss: 0 lbs (oh, well, I tried)

I finally have a Chapter 10 I'm satisfied with. Chapter 11 is still not there. I think the problem is I'm not going into POV deeply enough. That was the problem in 10. I think I need to pay attention to that when I revise the entire book.

I keep adding pages. I always go long so I hope I can tighten a bit when I read through the entire manuscript. I'd really like to write an epilogue for this one. I feel it's really important that the reader knows what happens to the little girl in the story.

What's left before I can read this thing from start to finish: Revise Chapter 11 again. Type in revisions to Chapters 7 and 8. Rewrite Chapter 4 and 2 scenes in Chapter 6.