Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A Week To Go

Here's the tally for Saturday, Sunday and Monday:

New pages written: many (I have surpassed my page goal, no need to keep track any more)
Old pages revised on paper: Chapter 8, 9, 10, 11
Pages of revisions typed in: 8 and 9
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: ?
Total page count to date: 209 (goal: 200 pages)
Days remaining until D-day: 7

Emails from editor in UK: 1 (I'm now totally freaked out about how the UK office calculates word count. Waiting for clarification before I crawl into my cave and never come out again.)
Emails from agent in NY: 0 (1 phone call in regards to a contract question I had last week)

Chocolate consumed: donut, piece of fudge, ice cream (over three days)
Junk food consumed: beer, french fries (over three days)
Exercise: none
Television watched: none that I remember
Pictures of Hayden downloaded: 3 (one of him in a suit from Cannes is my current inspiration and keeping me going)
Tears: I'm on the verge due to email from UK editor, not the book itself
Weight loss: 0 lbs (oh, well, I tried)

Thanks for your comments and encouragement. I've really needed them! I'm feeling the deadline. Pretty much I've got book on the brain 24/7. I can get the kids where they need to go, but I'm really relying on hubby to help me out this week so I can concentrate on Jane and Chase and nothing else. I added three new songs to my book soundtrack: Across the Stars by John Williams (Star Wars Ep. 2 love theme), You and Me by Life House and She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5.

Chapters 8 and 9 are finally finished. Chapter 10 became two chapters as I thought it would. I've been over them a couple of times, but they still need more work. I added one new scene tonight and have another to rough out before I tumble into bed.

LauraP's plan called for me to finish the book tomorrow so I'd have a week to polish. Not sure I'm going to have Chapters 10 and 11 finished. But tomorrow, Tuesday, is nanny day so who knows how much I'll get done?

Revisions on earlier chapters are starting to pile up. I need to rewrite Chapter 4--I'm going to delete a scene that I really don't need and rewrite the other scenes. The lead-up to the second kiss scene in Chapter 6 needs some work. Some minor revisions in 7 that shouldn't take too long. I've yet to read this thing from start to finish. That scares me a little.

Okay, it's late. I need to get back to writing.