Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Stuck on a bridge at 1 AM

No, that isn't a lyric from a country and western song. It's where I was last night on my way home from Emmanuel Hospital with one of the kidlets in the back seat. I guess a ship decided that was the perfect time to cruise the Columbia so the bridge was raised to let it pass. You'd think my little one would be as exhausted as I was, but no, she was content to sing along with her Barbie Princess and the Pauper CD.

So this morning instead of working on the proposal-that-will-probably-never-be-finished, I will be at the doctors hoping when they remove the splint on my three year olds arm that she can move it and not be in excruciating pain. If that happens, that means it was a nursemaid's elbow (dislocated) that she suffered. Otherwise it means more X-rays and a trip to an orthopedic doc. Please, oh, please, let it be the nursemaid's elbow.

Here's the running tally for this week:

Strep throat - 3 kidlets
UTI - 1 kidlet
Injured arm - 1 kidlet

Unfortunately it's one kidlet with three of the above. I hope one day we can all laugh about this!