Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday Fun

Today is one of those days I wish could go on and on. It was as close to perfect as I could have asked for. Even the weather cooperated! After a great day of class, my rommie and classmate for the week Luz Maria and I walked along the waterfront and ate dinner at a place called Harbor Lights. Our table was on the deck outside over Commencement Bay. Yummy grilled wild Alaskan Salmon. Oh, and the pirate ship made another appearance.

I spoke with my family, too. Things are going well on the home front. At least that's how it sounds via telephone. Rose, however, thought I was on my way home tonight. She was a little upset that I wasn't, but she was more upset about the baby mouse our cat Smalls left by the door this morning. Rose did tell me that they had bought me a birthday cake. (YAY!) Something about ribbons on it. Unless she was talking about the mouse again. She then went into great detail about the birthday cake she wanted with all of the Disney princesses (who she named individually) on it.

The other two were excited because their Daddy was finally letting them watch television. The world premiere of The Cheetah Girls 2 was on The Disney Channel tonight so neither of them wanted to talk to me except to say hi and I love you. I think I got a glimpse of adolescence.