Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Reality TV Hotties

I've been surfing the Internet looking for good looking hero-type guys who've been on reality TV shows. Tough job, isn't it? But I need some inspiration for my new proposal and I'm very visual when it comes to the characters in my books. And this one is a little tougher. I not only have my hero to figure out, but a pair of hotties who are competing against him and the heroine.

Tori, who often leaves comments (which lets me know someone is actually reading this thing! Thanks, Tori! xoxo), suggested Hunter Ellis from Survivor Marquesa fame. I googled him today, and I see what she means. But I need more.

Here are my requirements:
1) Athletic (must look good without a shirt on. Image google Hunter Ellis if you want to know what I'm talking about!)
2) Attractive (doesn't have to be pretty boy type, though I love those kind. Rugged will do for this book.)
3) Someone you would want to spend thirty days racing around the globe with (i.e. tense, close, dangerous, adventurous situations.)

If you have any suggestions, please speak up!

Oh, and now for our final day of Sunriver. This one is easy since we were on our way home after lunchtime. While Mackenna and I went on a one hour trailride, the rest of the family rode bikes out by the marina and stables.

Mackenna looked so tiny on this big chestnut horse named Hoover, but she had no trouble riding him. Her pony camp and birthday parties at Once Upon a Horse in West Linn served her well. I know it's just a matter of time before she starts talking about riding lessons on a more regular basis. I think most little girls go through a horse stage. (The same with a dolphin stage!) I took lessons myself. Some girls just don't grow out of it though. Other's are forced to. (Raising hand!) I think it might be time to bring my horse collection up from my parents' house and see if Mackenna and Rose want any of them for their rooms.

As for my trailride, I rode Dennis, a horse who obviously had a mind of his own. As soon as I got on, the guide told me he liked to drink water and eat grass so rein him in if I have to. But Dennis wasn't so bad. In fact, he was better behaved than the horse right in front of us. Doodle did nothing but eat grass, fart and go to the bathroom. For the entire hour. I did mention he was right in front of us, didn't I? Both Dennis and I got very tired of it so we tried to keep our distance. But we bonded from the experience and I was sad to say goodbye to him. Of course, my legs were as wobbly as linguini when I climbed off. And they hurt, too! I hadn't ridden in years, and I'd forgotten what it felt like.

After the ride, the kidlets each got to pick a souvenir. Any guesses as to who picked what?

1) A toy rifle
2) A purse with a stuffed horse in it
3) A purse with a stuffed cat in it