Thursday, August 10, 2006

What day is it?

Getting home from vacation usually happens on a Sunday, not a Wednesday so my interior clock is all screwed up. Today feels like a Monday.

I had a moment of panic when I couldn't find the opening scene to my new proposal. It was the one thing I knew (or at least hope) needed little work. I'd searched my iBook for it when I was at Sunriver, but couldn't find it. I checked my Alphie, not there. So I turned on my other mac today and... It wasn't there, either. I totally panicked. I searched through everything. Checked the alphie again. Went back to the iBook. Of course, the file was there. Right were it should be. I had just named it with the book titles initials and the word "proposal" instead of "prologue."

Of course my "panic" got put into perspective when I read an email from a group I belong to. We started on GEnie and migrated to yahoogroups, but we've been together for years. I joined in 1995. Anyway, one of the member's husband died last night. She didn't give any details except to say she wasn't alone and would post more later.

So while I try to work on the new story and attempt not to check my email every five minutes, I'll leave you with our next day's Sunriver vacation...

SUNDAY, August 6th: Sunday was all about having fun. The day started with an hour plus morning walk for me where I saw three different groups of mule deer and tried to figure out what the theme song of the new book would be, and a bike ride to the Fort Rock playground for everyone else. I've really been trying to do some sort of exercise every day so I didn't want to lose my momentum while on vacation. Hah! Little did I know everything we did would be working muscles I forgot I had. Or maybe I didn't have which is why the hot tub got lots of use!

We met our friends, who were visiting parents, at the Crosswater pool for an afternoon of swimming. Crosswater is just outside of Sunriver and the kind of place I could live. That is if I were rich and could afford a $750K to a million dollars on a vacation home. (Maybe I'll have to buy a lotto ticket this week!) The development is beautiful with breathtaking views and stunning houses. I had serious house envy. What my hubby saw of the golf course made him drool. The pool was even gorgeous with classy locker rooms complete with fluffy white towels and whatever beauty products you might need.

After nearly three hours of swimming, we thanked our friends, bid them a safe trip back to Washington state and headed to the village for a round of miniature golf, candy at Goody's, dinner at El Pescador and a jaunt for the kidlets through the inflatable obstacle course.