Friday, October 27, 2006

Going for Gold

Playing AOL's goldrush game has been a total blast. The contest ends on Halloween, and I'm going to miss it. I'm hoping they do a goldrush2. It's been that much fun.

I haven't won or qualified for any of the final rounds, but I've been improving my times and I was only 16 seconds away from a player who qualified for the $100K finals. My personal best!

The challenges have tested my trivia skills, honed my google skills and introduced me to a wonderfully supported internet community at SteepleMedia.com where I can meet gold rush buddies, see how I rank against others, work together on the challenges and cheer each other on. It's also been good research for my work in project, Last Man On Earth. I've gotten lots of ideas for the book from my goldrush experience and can't wait to use them.

I'm a big game player, whether it's cards or board games. This is my first on-line gaming experience though. Do you like to play games? What are your favorite ones?