Wednesday, November 01, 2006

D-Day Remembered

A year ago today, my manuscript, then titled NOT SO PLAIN JANE, was due. I called November 1, 2005 d-day for deadline day because I'd been given six weeks to finish the story. I tracked my daily writing progress and chocolate consumption on this blog.

Hard to believe that same book, now titled PLAIN JANE'S PRINCE CHARMING, is hitting the shelves on November 7th!

It was an interesting six weeks. There were great writing days and horrible writing days. Weight loss and weight gain. A returning television show to keep watching and a new show to fall in love with that's unfortunately no longer on. And all the while your comments kept me going. I dedicated the book to a little girl, Taylor, from my son's preschool, but please know without your support the book would have never been finished. So thank you!

Today is the start of something called NaNoWriMo. It's a national writing challenge that takes place every November to see if you can write 50,000 words. I signed up last year, but was too worn out to do it. And even though I'm still plugging away on the proposal, I'm going to try it this year. I've been researching a new book and I think it's time to put words to page. My only caveat is that I must complete the LAST MAN ON EARTH PROPOSAL first. Wish me luck! On both writing endeavors.

Oh and before I forget, I must boast about something non-writing related. Of course that means it's AOL Gold Rush related! I'm on the AOL Gold Rush Top 100 finishers for Round 11! I'm not sure where I fell for Round 12, but I had a really fast time during yesterday's final qualifying round (seconds away from qualifying for the million dollar round) so I hope to be there again for Round 13!