Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wish I could say that I've been plugging away on my NaNoWriMo project, but unfortunately all I've been doing is getting ready for the influx of family for Thanksgiving dinner.

I spent Tuesday shopping and cleaning. I spent Wednesday doing what I always do and then had to start cooking on top of it. Right now, Shirley Jump's Sweet Potato Casserole, whole cranberry sauce and blanched green beans are in the fridge. The tablecloths are washed. The flowers arranged. And even the ice is already in the cooler. Of course it's past midnight. Which means...

It's turkey day.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

I'm very thankful this year. My writing has been going well and all of us are healthy and happy. Can't ask for much more than that.

I'll be curious to hear what everyone says as we go around the table and say what we're thankful for tomorrow. What are you thankful for?