Friday, November 10, 2006

One more chance!

I have been writing (with the exception of Wednesday.) I have been checking items off my To Do list. I even found out the Harlequin continuity is a go and I have a May 1st deadline for my book!

But now AOL has thrown a huge wrench into my plans for today and totally ruined any hope I had of being disciplined by adding a bonus round of Gold Rush today at noon. Three people will qualify to compete for $50,000. Five thousand people will win T-shirts. Which means today will pretty much be a wash.

You see, I really want a T-shirt. How badly? Last night I dreamed about playing the round. It was actually a nightmare since my computer froze. I couldn't finish and came in dead last out of roughly ten million people.

Crazy? Most definitely.

You're probably thinking, "What is the big deal? It's some on-line game."

It is, and I wish I knew why this has become an obsession with so many people (just so you know I am not alone in this.) The boards and chat rooms were buzzing last night as people found out about the bonus round via Entertainment Tonight and email alerts sent out by Gold Rush.

If you thought about playing (or even if you didn't) give it a shot today. Just head over to goldrush.aol.com and register. Make sure you put a cell number down as a contact. If you qualify, but don't answer when they call, they move on to the next person. It's really fun. Trust me! Plus you can win a T-shirt or better yet compete for the 50K!

If you do decide to join me in the quest for gold, please let me know how you did! And if you don't, please wish me luck in my quest for a T-shirt!