Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Turkey Planning

In one week, I'll be cooking Thanksgiving dinner for my family. Not just for the kidlets and hubby, but my parents and my sister's family. I haven't cooked a turkey (not counting ones I've bought pre-cooked and just had to heat to the correct temperature in years.)

But I have a thing about turkeys. They must be natural. Organic. And fresh.

One year, I told my mother to buy a free range turkey. She did and I've yet to live it down. I'm still teased about the much too expensive turkey who walked free among the grass while listening to classical music. This year's turkey that I ordered has one up on that last one. This one was not only fed organic feed, but apples and all sorts of other yummy, healthy things. Let's see what the family thinks about that!

I found a recipe by author Shirley Jump for sweet potatoes at eHarlequin, but I need some more to round out the menu. Does anyone have any great recipes for Thanksgiving?