Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Aftermath

After nine in the morning, I'm still in my jammies in bed with my iBook and listening to music on iTunes. Hubby corralled the kidlets so I could rest, but as soon as they heard the music I was treated to a rush of kisses and hugs. What a great way to start the day!

I have yet to walk downstairs. I really don't want to look at the mess we left last night. Imagine games, stocking stuffers and toys everywhere. But I'm getting hungry so I'll just have to get over it. Or close my eyes. Or ask for breakfast in bed. Hmmm, that's an idea.

I still have no voice, and a wicked cough is setting in. We're heading to Mt. Hood tomorrow for some fun in the snow so I need to recover. Fast. I've got too much to do, too many pages to write, to be sick. Plus I have to find our cold weather gear! That'll be a task in itself.

I also have to plan hubby's birthday that's coming up. When I asked what he wanted, he told me he wanted me to buy myself something from Victoria's Secret. I'll happily do that, but I still need something for us to do.

Here's what I've come up with so far. (He doesn't read the blog so I'm not giving anything away!)

Idea #1: Get snowshoes for all of us, go on a hike and have a picnic lunch.
Idea #2: Get a babysitter and go out to dinner.
Idea #3: Bowling and lunch/dinner at Big Al's

What do you think? Any of those ideas look good to you? Any other suggestions?