Thursday, December 07, 2006

Back on track

Thursday's Tally:

New pages written: 6 (goal: 6.2 pages)
Old pages revised on paper: 0
Pages of revisions typed in: 0
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 79 (goal: 200)
Days remaining until D-day: still haven't counted. It's over a month and a half away which seems so far away right now.

Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: 1 gold covered chocolate coin
Junk food consumed: Filet of fish meal at McDonald's
Exercise: none
Television watched: none
Tears: none

Okay, I'm doing better. Even though I hadn't written all day (had youngest kidlet with me and was busy making sure my sister and her family would take the AKC puppy I foolishly put the opening bid on at an auction to get things started-yes, I learned my lesson and will never do that again and we all went to Irish dance tonight so we could drive through Portland International Raceway and see the Winter Wonderland showcase of lights), I had been thinking about the book.

When we got home I put the kids to bed and checked my email. Here's what my nano buddy Tiffany wrote:

I read your blog - I'm going to start sending you a** kicking e-mails! Two days without writing? Get back on the wagon! I'm looking forward to seeing some pages reported written on tomorrows blog. (insert U.S. Marine cadence chants here for inspiration!)

Gotta love friends who tell it like it is. That's just what I needed to get motivated again. I wrote my six pages tonight. Thanks, Tiff. I owe you!