Friday, January 12, 2007

Hitting a wall

New pages written: 0 (goal: 6.2 pages per day)
Old pages revised on paper: 6 page scene that's still not working
Pages of revisions typed in: 0
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 159 (goal: 200)
Days remaining until D-day: 19 days
Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: Mint chocolate chip ice cream
Junk food consumed: None.
Exercise: Walk with the kids in the snow
Television watched: The Office, United 93 DVD
Tears: A couple during movie
Link for the day: Mt. Hood Rescue Photos. Some interesting shots of what was going on up there in December taken by a member of Portland Mountain Rescue.

Not a lot to say about yesterday. No school. No Pilates. No pages. Though we had a blast playing in the snow.

Eldest kidlet wanted to make a snowman, but the other kids wanted to go for a walk so she decided to bring her snowball with her. At each house we passed, she rolled her ball in the snow. It kept getting bigger and bigger. Pretty soon, she couldn't carry it. Guess who got to do the honors? What's a mom for other than to lug a giant snowball around neighborhood!

Instead of writing last night, I decided to put on United 93, a compelling and I must admit, painful film to watch. Why was I watching a movie while on a deadline? Especially one that would bring back memories of that fateful day in September and of years spent working and flying the Friendly Skies?

Well, I was stuck on a scene that needed to be rewritten. What I was doing wasn't working. Even my brilliant critique partners comments weren't helping. I felt like I was banging my head against a wall. I needed to be pulled away/distracted from the book for a couple hours. United 93 did that.

This morning I woke up with a new way to approach the troublesome scene and I can't wait to get back to the book. Of course, it's still five hours until naptime when I'll have time to write!

Fat Cat Thief Goliath Update: If you saw my fun link yesterday, the cat's owner has claimed him. His real name is Hercules . He's been missing for months and is actually five pounds lighter than he'd been. Don't you just love happy endings?