Monday, January 22, 2007

Nine and counting

Catch Up Tally

New pages written: a lot (goal: 6.2 pages per day)
Old pages revised on paper: none
Pages of revisions typed in: none
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: none
Total page count to date: 197 (goal: 200) might need to be closer to 215
Days remaining until D-day: 9 days
Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: Birthday Cake, chocolate covered strawberries
Junk food consumed: a beer on Saturday, not sure if Baja Fresh for dinner tonight counts or not
Exercise: Pilates on Friday, not really exercise but danced a lot Saturday night, too
Television watched: The Office on Thursday, last three minutes of Colts-Patriots game
Tears: None
Link for the day: Hold on! This video clip gives a glimpse of what it was like for rescuers on Mt. Hood with a Chinook helicopter hovering above them.

A treat for me! My new favorite show Heroes returns tonight. I love that show. The writing, the acting, everything about it. I want to be able to watch guilt-free so that means I will get the required pages finished before 9:00 p.m. I've never missed a broadcast episode yet. That's how I was with Invasion, but Heroes has better ratings so it won't be on the network chopping block. Do you have any must-see television shows?

Not much else to say. All I can think about is the book. Here's a recent exchange between me and hubby.

Hubby: That's a cute smile on your face. Thinking about me?

Me (distracted): Uh, no.

Hubby: The book.

Me (imagining my hero...click and page down to see him): Yep.

Hubby: It's always the book.

And unfortunately right before a deadline, it is all about the book. I can't shut it off. That's just how my brain works.

Do you get tunnel vision about anything you do?