Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A week to go

Tuesday Tally

New pages written: 7 (goal: 6.2 pages per day)
Old pages revised on paper: none
Pages of revisions typed in: none
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 206 (goal: 200) for sure closer to 215 now.
Days remaining until D-day: 7 days
Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0 (still haven't read my contracts)

Chocolate consumed: 2 small pieces of Hershey's bar
Junk food consumed: Non-fat Vanilla steamer, part of muffin, Tillamook cheeseburger, fries and Sprite
Exercise: none
Television watched: A little of AI
Tears: A few. I'm definitely stressed.
Link for the day: Invasion! A recap of an amazing show that ABC should have never cancelled and replaced with The Nine. Wednesdays at 10 o'clock just aren't the same without my weekly Invasion fix.

I need to write so just a quick recap today.

In case you're interested in the book, the teams have left Seychelles and are at the Monza racetrack north of Milan. I'm having fun with this scene even though my heroine is only driving in the background while the hero chats with two male competitors! Still I wish I could do this part of the research in person. I'd love to drive the track myself.

I met my NaNoWriMo buddy at a coffee placed called Papacinno's in the Burlingame area of Portland yesterday. They have comfy chairs that are perfect for writing. This is where we met in November for NaNo. Not sure how the coffee is since I don't drink the stuff, but my friend seems to like it. The baristas are very friendly. I should have gone there when I was writing Plain Jane's Prince Charming!

I ordered my usual non-fat vanilla steamer. Boring, but tasty. I'd forgotten to eat breakfast again so I ordered a raspberry crumb muffin. Really dry. Not worth the calories. Won't do that again. I wished I'd brought an apple with me and was seriously craving a piece of Hobee's coffee cake (my fave from the SF Bay Area.) Papacinno is a WiFi hotspot, but since I needed to write not fool around on the Internet I left the iBook at home and brought my alphie instead. I really can be disciplined on occasion.

I'm hoping I can be disciplined today. I not only need to finish the complete, but pack, read my two contracts and touch base with the house/cat sitter who'll be coming tomorrow. I don't like leaving my furbabies alone! I unfortunately never know what I'll come home to. Of course, I'm back to my impossible-to-write Wednesday schedule so it should be interesting how I squeeze it all in.

A local radio station K105.1 is giving away a man for a week. Sounds interesting, but what I really need are an extra couple hours each day between now and D-day.

Anybody have any time saving tips they want to share?

Right now I'm just not sleeping, but it's starting to catch up with me and that's not a good thing with another week to go.