Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Woeful Wednesday

New pages written: 8 (goal: 6.2 pages per day)
Old pages revised on paper: 0
Pages of revisions typed in: 0
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 124 (goal: 200)
Days remaining until D-day: 28 days
Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0

Chocolate consumed: m&ms
Junk food consumed: none
Exercise: none, but I thought about it. Progress!
Television watched: none
Tears: none
Fun link for the day: For any writer out there!

I took advantage of the kidlets going back to school on Tuesday and descended into the cave to write. Hubby picked up they youngest from preschool, fed her (and me) and put her down for her nap so I didn't even have to come out.

I finished the day with eight not-so-rough pages, including a first kiss and a tango dance. I could handle writing the kiss, but the dance took a little help from google.

Did you know the tango is really about improvisation, not the steps? Did you know there is more than one type of tango? (I'm writing about the Argentine Tango since my characters are in Buenos Aires) Did you also know the tango is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire? I knew none of these things. And I've even had tango lessons.

Back in college, my buddy Chris and I took a ballroom dancing class. Once we learned all the dances, we went to one of the ritzy hotels in San Francisco to try out our new dance skills. It was so much fun to dress up and dance like that, and I'm not sure why we stopped. Probably because Chris graduated and went to med school!

Anyway, Tuesday was a very productive writing day, and I was even in bed before eleven o'clock. I'm just worried about today. Wednesdays are always so busy, and it's a struggle to find a moment to myself let alone write a word. But I want to make my goal somehow. Even if it means staying up late.

Wish me luck please! I'm going to need it.