Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I knew it!

Monday turned out to be an all-around great day.

First I got to watch Heroes. A week ago I told you who I thought was Claire's father. Turns out I was right! Of course, any fan could have seen that one coming a mile away. Still I was happy to have figured that one out.

Loved the episode. Again. I know I'm sounding like a broken record. Sorry, but... Hiro outsmarting his father was classic. The painting of Isaac and Simone turning out to be the one of them on the building was cool. Peter crashing into the taxi took me by surprise. The whole Sylar thread was just sick. Nikki being locked in the mirror was freaky, but as soon as I saw the tattoo I knew it was Jessica. The previews for next week looked great.

Another reason Monday turned out to be a good day was I finally have a setting for my plane incident in my book. A pilot friend has been helping me. He'd recommended a site, but when I googled it today, I realized it wouldn't work. However that lead me to Clearwater National Forest in Idaho and one phone call got me to a wonderful woman who helped me find a setting complete with wildlife, fauna and an abandoned cabin where my characters can take shelter from the cold!

The final reason Monday was a great day...my AOL Goldrush T-shirt arrived. Yes, I won one! Even though aol woes struck and I thought I'd never be able to finish fast enough. Still I never gave up hope. Melissa = hopeful optimist. And my reward arrived today.

If you're new to the blog, in the fall AOL ran an online game called Goldrush, a joint venture with Mark Burnett of Survivor fame. I was addicted to it. Completely. So winning something, even an XL black shirt with a small gold bar on the front and a website url on the back, is just so cool to me. Now I'm just hoping they do a Goldrush2!!!! Not when I'm on deadline, either. Can you imagine? When would I have time to write with a game to win?

Link for the day: Shameless bragging! Yes, my name is on the list. Top 100 player for round 11. They never posted the Top 100 for rounds 12 and 13. I wish they would because I had really good times for those rounds, too.