Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Proposal off!

My muse did his job! I am out of the cave. I just emailed my proposal to HMB in London. Of course, I immediately got out of the office replies from the editor. Still, it's off. Deadline met. Huge sigh of relief. Now onto page proofs for Win, Lose or...Wed!

Things I learned with this proposal:

1) Add "so" to my searchlist of overused words. With all the "so"s I found, you'd think I was getting a kickback.
2) Think like a guy when I'm writing Kane. He is not a girly man. He is a hottie. I do not want my cp to tell me he's doing or saying something girly ever again. This will apply to all future books!
3) Dieting is fine, but diet must allow or be modified for chocolate when facing a deadline. Not eating chocolate seriously impedes writing progress and output.
4) Getting sick can't be helped, but I need to take better care of myself so it doesn't linger on.
5) Say no. Even though I don't go to an office and am a stay-at-home mom, I still have a job that takes time and effort. It's time to scale back the school volunteer stuff. We've already put in double our time requirement and it's only March.
6) Never doubt the importance of of a muse.

No link for the day (too tired), but you can check out the excerpt to my new book, Marriage for Baby, on my website if you want.

Thanks for all your support. Comments, emails, ecards. It all means so much to me. You guys are great!