Monday, March 26, 2007

Sold to bidder 750

The auction was a huge success. Over $200k raised for the kidlets' school. And a whole lot of fun. Yay!

I got to wear my new dress which I love. Put on make up. Even curl the hair! The earrings completed the look and I did have a bracelet that worked.

The best part is we won the package I wanted most of all. Here's the writeup with certain identifying elements marked out.

Titanic Dinner Party for Ten

"Live as they live, fear as they fear." It will be a night to remember as ten guests set sail at the xxx home on Saturday xxx xxx with the actual eight course gourmet dinner served on the H.M.S. Titanic on her maiden voyage ninety-five years ago in April 1912.

Cocktails will be provided, and each dinner course will be paired with a wine. A highly professional crew, who has performed this hugely successful dinner party for others across the country, will serve you for the evening.

There will also be a mystery drama involving why the ship went down which has not been previously revealed. Museum quality boarding passes will be provided for guests. Each guest will be assigned an actual Titanic passenger to dress and acts as for the evening. Violins will even play as the ship sinks.


During the auction, I ran around and found four other couples to go in with us to buy it. I was not going to let this one get by me because I'm a huge Titanic fan. This has nothing to do with the movie, either. Back in high school, I wrote a huge report on it. And my infatuation, okay obsession, has grown ever since. I have a huge collection of Titanic books and memorabilia. In 1996, my husband took me on a QE2 cruise for my birthday that sailed from Southampton to France to Ireland, a similar path that the Titanic. We then spent time going to all the memorable sights and museums related to the ship, crew and passengers after we arrived back in England. I even have part of a Titanic time travel novel written. I sold a book to Silhouette, I never got around to doing more with it. Needless to say, I'm thrilled about the dinner.

So if you haven't figured it out yet, I don't do anything halfway. I either love something (hobby, interest, sport) and it becomes a passion and I learn as much about it as I can or it goes by the wayside. A few examples of loves: skiing, Star Wars, Titanic. An example of wayside: scuba diving. Not that I didn't enjoy diving, but it was a lot of effort since I lived in Arizona at the time. Of course, I lived in Arizona when I learned to ski, too, but that was just so much more fun for me that I put my energy, time and money into that instead of the diving.

What about you? Do you have a few things that you just love to do? Or a lot of things you do but might not love all of them?

Link of the day: Superhunks! The muse is featured, but there are a whole lot of other hotties to check out. After Hayden Christensen, the World Cup hunks' slide show is my fave. What about you?