Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday already?

I can't believe it's Friday. Where did the week go?

I'm still working on Chapter 4. It's coming along finally, but I had to do some revising. I should be able to finish tomorrow some time. Of course, I have Pilates and the youngest kidlet at home so writing time will be scarce. I also have to make a pair of shoes to wear for the Titanic dinner this weekend.

I went on-line and saw a site with picture's of Rose's shoes from the Titanic movie. I then went to Payless Shoes and found a pair of black shoes. I also bought the girls and I each a couple of pairs of these really cute Champion shoes. It was BOGO (buy one get one half off.) Then I went to Walmart and picked up black ribbon and beaded trim. Today I'm going to attempt to make my 2007 shoes look more like something that would have been worn in 1912. They will be far from authentic, but I'm going to give it my best shot. I will take before and after pictures. I just hope I can Edwardian the shoes up a little. Wish me luck!

Are you a crafty person? I think if I didn't write, I'd really be into crafts, sewing, scrapbooking stuff. I love doing things like that. Now there just isn't time.

Link for the day: Rose's costumes from the movie Titanic. This is the link I'm using to help me with my shoes.