Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pink Snow Bunny

Rose did it! She skied!!!! And since you can't really tell what she looks like in her ski gear, you get to see pics!

Yesterday was not without tears. As on Monday, she did not want to go. Hubby had a conference call so was working in the lodge while I dropped the kidlets off at ski school. Crocodile tears shot from her eyes when it was time for me to leave her. Hugs, kisses and the promise of M&Ms didn't help.


Hubby went back, and I stayed out of sight since it was more about being left than the skiing that bothered her. Finally, after minutes of intense discussions and head shaking, hubby waved me over. He said it wasn't going to happen today.

Getting all three kids on skis has been my dream. I was not going to let that dream die. Normally I give in, but not on this day that was made for skiing. I took her by the hand and led her back inside the yurt where her instructor and helmet was. I put her helmet on her and said she was going to try it, that Daddy or me would stay here with her, but she was going to give it a go.

She looked shocked, but still she nodded and went outside with the other two "little rippers" in her program. Since hubby was planning to snowshoe today and not ski, he told me to go on and he'd stay. So I went skiing. A little while later, I got a call. She was smiling and having fun. A little while later, another call. Hubby had tears in his eyes. She was on skis and loving it.

After lunch, she told her daddy she was ready to be on her own so he bought a lift ticket and skied with me the rest of the day! When we picked her up, I was told by one of the instructors that Rose deserved M&Ms so on the way home from dinner hubby bought her a big bag! She'll be back at ski school today and is even looking forward to it!

But it looks like no skiing for me today unfortunately. Woke up with a cough and achy and feeling blah, so I'm staying here and writing. Hard to believe and I'm more than a little heartbroken about not skiing, but with this June 1 deadline I cannot afford to get sick again. Disciplined, yes, and that shows progress again, but I've gotta admit, it really sucks.

Link for the day: Radioactive kitty! If you click the link and choose one of the four cameras, you can see my cat, Spirit, who had the radioiodine (I131) treatment yesterday for her hyperthyroidism. She's gray with the name Spirit written on her cage. I spoke to the place yesterday and she was doing great!