Friday, May 04, 2007

The Hunt

Thursday Tally

New pages written: 6 (goal: 6.2 pages per day)
Old pages revised on paper: 0
Pages of revisions typed in: 0
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: 0
Total page count to date: 123 (goal: 200)
Days remaining until D-day: 28
Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0
Emails from continuity loop: 1

Chocolate consumed: Hershey kisses
Junk food consumed: none
Exercise: none
Television watched: none
Tears: no
Link for the day: The Hunt begins today at 10 am est. Somewhere beneath the seven seas, Volvo sunk a treasure chest with $50,000 in gold doubloons and a key to a new Volvo XC90. Will you be the one to find it? The contest is inspired by Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. I really want to join in the Hunt. A bunch of my pals at Steeple Media are doing it. I just don't know if I can with the deadline. I get really tunnel visioned about games like this and Gold Rush. I may give it a try and see how much of a time suck it really is. Anyone else want to give a go?

Friday has arrived! Thank goodness. That means two days with hubby at home. Of course this weekend includes a dance class, a baseball game, two birthday parties and a First Communion Party so we'll be busy, busy, busy. I still have to make the most of it and write. Do you have any plans for the weekend?

I managed to get a few pages in. Not really good ones, so tomorrow could be a rewrite day. I'm almost to the point where I need to do a half-the-book polish to make sure everything is working.

I also critique a couple of chapters for my critique partner. Her book is due before mine. Usually our deadlines aren't so close together, never in the same month before as far as I can remember, but reading someone's work is a nice break from writing. I often realize something I'm pointing out in her chapter is a problem in my own work. Or I realize something she does really well I should work on myself. I know some writers don't like to critique with others, but I like getting input from another writer on my work.

Made the mistake of checking my Amazon page for one of my books when I was looking up something else there. Three reviews had been posted. I don't read reviews except for those in RT, but it was after midnight, I was tired and gave into curiosity. One reviewer liked the book. Two didn't. Oh, well... you can't please everyone. At least they took the time to post a review. No matter what they think of the book, I really appreciate that.

Enjoy your Friday!