Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Mommy Test

I hope all you moms out there are being pampered and spoiled rotten today! We're having brunch this morning with my parents at the Eola Hills Winery. I'm hoping not to go off the diet too much! And I plan to take my Alphasmart with me to write in the car. It'll be a three hour or so round trip. My mom asked if we were coming over after and I said, "No!" Nothing against my mom, but it's my Mother's day and I want to spend the rest of the day writing.

The book is coming along. I spent yesterday revising to make everything fit with my Eureka moment. I lost pages though so today will be spent writing new pages even though I'm not finished with all the revisions yet.

To celebrate the day, I thought I'd share this little piece that was posted on the Hayden loop I belong to:

The Mommy Test

I was out walking with my 4 year old son. He picked up something off the ground and started to put it in his mouth. I took the item away from him and I asked him not to do that.

"Why?" my son asked.

"Because it's been on the ground, and you don't know where it's been, it's dirty and probably has germs" I replied.

At this my son looked at me with total admiration and asked, "Mommy, how do you know all this stuff?"

"Uh," I was thinking quickly. "All moms know this stuff. It's on the Mommy Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mommy." We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but he was evidently wondering about this new information.

"OH... I get it!" he beamed, "So if you don't pass the test you have to be the daddy."

"Exactly" I replied with a big smile on my face.


What are you moms doing or what did you do for you mom?

Happy Mother's Day!

Love,
Melissa