Thursday, May 31, 2007

One Day More

Wednesday Tally

New pages written: 0
Old pages revised on paper: Chapter 10 and 11
Old pages revised on screen: Chapters 4, 5, 6, 9
Pages of revisions typed in: Chapter 10 and 11
Pages lost or gained due to revisions: +1
Total page count to date: 216
Days remaining until D-day: 1
Emails from editor in UK: 0
Emails from agent in NY: 0
Emails from continuity loop: too many to count

Chocolate consumed: Godiva truffle (my dinner actually)
Junk food consumed: none
Diet: pretty easy since I have no time or desire to eat right now
Weekly weigh in: 130 (down 8 pounds total)
Exercise: hike around lake
Television watched: none
Tears: many
Clip for the day: I came up with the title for this post and realized it was a song from my favorite musical. Enjoy!



One day until D-day. Major panic and pressure when I woke this morning but then youngest crawled in bed with me and I calmed down a lot.

Recap: I managed to hike yesterday morning, but except for picking up the kidlets and taking one to piano lessons that's all I did except work on the book. If hubby hadn't brought me meals, I doubt I would have eaten a thing. He was with the two youngest ones at a Little League game last night and called. It was 7:30 pm. I realized I'd never fed the oldest! She was busy reading and had fixed herself a snack. Thank goodness, but I felt like a really bad mommy. Hubby brought home McDonalds for all the kids. He fixed me a salad, but two bites later I took it downstairs, grabbed my one truffle allotment for the day and ate that for dinner instead.

I spoke with someone from Clearwater National Forest. I'd left her a message on Tuesday and didn't know whether I'd get a call back in time. She has actually been inside the cabin I'm using so she helped me get all the details right. It meant some rewriting last night, but I've got it right now. Huge sigh of relief.

I also was in touch with my SAR expert to get a dinner together with him and some PMR members so I can get a better feel for my new hero, Matt Porter and what he does with search and rescue. I have to get started on that new book right away. I did decide not to do Script Frenzy which starts June 1 and is similar to NaNoWriMo, but you write a screenplay. My body just couldn't take that. Neither could my family!

I managed to get through Chapters 10 and 11. I rewrote so much that I hope that fixed the major suckage that had been going on. I sent Chapter 11 to my cp, but her daughter is getting married this weekend so the chances of her getting to it are slim. I also sent both chapters to another friend who offered to help, but she'll be reading the end without having read any of the beginning. She's a great writer though so I'm sure she can figure it out and I so appreciate another set of eyes on them!

Today, I'm going to print the manuscript out and go through the entire book on paper. If I have time, I want to read it aloud, too. That's how I find all those stupid typos and such. Fingers crossed that everything works in the light of day! One day more. I'm hoping I can make it!