Monday, June 25, 2007

Home From Camp!

We got back from family camp yesterday. Two days of sports, arts & crafts (that's hubby helping the kidlets with their projects), prayer, boating on Roslyn Lake, sleeping on bunks and not-so-good food (with the exceptions of the s'mores!) A true camp experience. The kids fave part was the late night capture the flag game where everyone wore glow-in-the-dark necklaces. They learned if you want to win be on our priest's team.

This is the view from where I critiqued my cp's last chapter. That's Bull Run Reservoir in the background (supplies water to Portland, Oregon.) There was a nice wooden bench to sit on. Birds chirping. Wildflowers growing everywhere. Not one person walked by. It doesn't get much better than this!

Of course being at camp with a four year old is no different from being at home with her. Just the scenery changes. I had the exact same routine, including naptime. The only difference was I actually got some sleep. When she went to bed, so did I since I couldn't leave her in the cabin alone and I couldn't work because she needed the lights out.

This is where we had Mass on Saturday morning. This is as the priest and altar boys were setting up. It's a amphitheater where you sit on logs. The only trouble was kneeling. Got a little stiff from the hard ground. I'm spoiled by padded kneelers! Having Mass outside, however is one of my fave things about family camp. We also say the Rosary around a campfire at night and then roast marshmallows.


This is our priest saying Mass. Unfortunately, it was raining on Sunday morning so we had to be inside, but at least we had Saturday morning out here. During the final blessing, a large bird (looked like a hawk) flew overhead, soaring and dipping, in the blue sky. It was so beautiful.

I can't wait for next year! How was your weekend?