Friday, June 22, 2007

Off to camp!

Today we leave for family camp. It's your typical kid camp experience-sleeping on bunks in a cabin, swimming, sports, hiking, arts & crafts-except for families. Our church sponsors it so we'll also have Mass outside each morning and say the Rosary each night followed by s'mores. Not to mention a late night capture the flag game with glow-in-the-dark necklaces to show what team you're on.

Of course that means I'll spend this morning getting ready. That is after Pilates which is later than usual today. (But that allowed me to sleep in until 9:30! I feel much better today and the hubby is home, too!) I have a sea of laundry needing to be folded on the floor of my room, a pile of dirty clothes still to wash and things to still to buy like bug spray and more sunscreen.

Somewhere in there I'd love to get a page or two written. I'm leaving my iBook at home, but I'm taking my Alphie. I hope to find at least an hour or so of alone time if I can. Maybe during the little one's naps!

Did you ever go to camp as a kid? I never did, but after last year's experience I kind a wish now I would have gone away for a week each summer.