Thursday, July 12, 2007

RWA Conference: Literacy Signing

Remember how Harlequin told RWA they wouldn't be shipping any books for the Literacy Booksigning? Well, they shipped them. Of course, I wasn't planning to sign so I showed up late, without changing, without anything. Argh! The authors on either side of me said people had been stopping by wondering where I was. In the thirty minutes or so I was there, I did sell a few books.

Harlequin Historical Romance author Michelle Willingham stopped by to say hi and we took this picture together.

Another blog commenter, Bailey, stopped by too and it was great to put a face to the name. She also had me cracking up with her one liners!

I was seated next to author Monica McCarty, a fellow Stanford alum. She introduced me to two other Stanford alum romance writers, Jami Alden (pictured here with me and Monica) and Bella Andre.

It was great to sell some books for a good cause, I just wish I'd been there from the beginning!