Monday, September 24, 2007

Dream Big!

I spent the weekend checking off items on my To Do list. One of those was finding a designer for our continuity blog so I did a lot of googling and web surfing. When I was at one web designer's portfolio, I realized I hadn't been to several writer friend's websites in a long time given the changes I saw. Yikes! Some friend I am, but I did spend a little time getting caught up.

I wanted to point out one post on Elizabeth Boyle's blog in particular. She wrote about attending a workshop given by the talented Debbie Macomber where Debbie asked people to "dream big" and write down their goals on index cards. Elizabeth fought writing hers, but finally did it and well, you'll have to click on the link above to see her results.

I'm not at all surprised by what happened.

When I was single, I made a list of all the qualities I wanted in a husband. Some were general, a few were very specific. I kept the list in my organizer...for years. After dating one Mr. Wrong after another, I had pretty much given up finding Mr. Right and stuck the list in the back of my organizer so I could forget about it. Just couldn't throw it away for some reason. And you know what? A few years later I ended up marrying a man who met all my list requirements!

I'm not sure why I stopped writing down what I wanted. I had proof doing so worked. And quite well at that!

But thanks to Elizabeth's inspiring post (and Debbie who got her started in the first place), I'm going to do it again. Okay, I've already done it. I wrote down my goals on a pink index card yesterday (I figured why wait), and I tucked the list in my organizer.

Why don't you do the same? Write down your goals and/or dreams, and then we can see what happens together!

Have a wonderful Monday!