Thursday, October 04, 2007

This and that

I can't complain about yesterday. No fires to put out or smoke to get rid of. No injuries except a paper cut to my youngest's finger during piano lessons. No bills in the mailbox.

It was a really good day.

My new Victoria's Secret Angel credit card with a $10 Angel reward card arrived. Time to go shopping for some pretty lacy things. My wonderful hubby made me falafel for dinner and baked brownies for dessert. Then the five of us played a fun game of Scrabble.

I heard from the Climbing Cutie. Drumroll, please. He has started his own blog. You should check it out. The blog is Crossfit centered, something I'll be trying next week for the first and maybe last time.

I received an email from my webmistress, Barb, telling me that the changes I'd given her for my website had been done. Everything except the News and Fun Stuff page has been updated. (I still haven't given her the changes for that one.) An excerpt for Win, Lose or...Wed! is now available if anyone is interested in getting a sneak peak at the story.

I also heard from one of you, my beloved blog readers, who wants more than an excerpt. This blog reader wanted a copy of my upcoming release and even offered me...can you believe this...a bribe.

So... no amount of bribery would work? chocolate? climbing ropes? A promise to review the book at ? :-)

Hmmm. I must admit those bribes are right up my alley. I do love chocolate. And I really do need a rope (60 m, non-dry, 10.2-10.5 mm in case Santa is reading this.) And getting a book reviewed is always good. Even if they don't like the book it's still good publicity. But after giving copies to all who helped me with research and sending five off to the RITA contest (and other contests if I decide to enter) plus keeping five copies tucked away on the million-to-one-better-off-buying-a-lottery-ticket chance I make the RITA finals doesn't leave many to just give away.

What do you think? How much is an advanced copy worth?