Friday, November 09, 2007

258 words

Pathetic, isn't it? Yesterday was a bust writing wise. Lots of excuses. I haven't been sleeping well with hubby out of town. Crossfit killed me yesterday. And to cap it off, the kids totally lost it last night. At one point all three were crying, the third one only because the other two were. It was one of those Calgon take me away times, though in 2007, forget a bath to escape. I was wondering what the cheapest ticket I could buy to take me far, far away. At least until I remembered hubby wasn't home and I couldn't leave. Then a bath wasn't sounding too bad since I still hadn't managed a shower. Even after Crossfit. And I still went out in public. Yep, that kind of day. But the bottom line is I just didn't get it done. Must. Do. Better.

As for Crossfit, I misplaced the sheet with my workout and time (again, see a pattern here), but this is what I remember doing:

Warm-up: Agility ladder, 300m row, review exercises

Workout of the day:
Three rounds

200m run
15 jumping pull ups
15 kettlebell swing (15 lbs)
15 squats


My time was somewhere in the 17-19 minute range. If I find the sheet I'll post it. I had Rose with me so in between exercises had to help her with the DVD that wouldn't work right. I finally took it out and had her watch Star Wars fan videos I'd downloaded. (I still love Anakin!) Needless to say, I was dying at the end of the workout.

Today, I've got Pilates (my last semi-private lesson since I've decided to drop them) and writing. I was going to do the writing/climbing with my Nano bud, but just can't swing it with preschool pickup times and an out-of-town hubby. In an ideal world, I'd write enough to make up for my lapse yesterday. Realistically, I'll be happy for anything around 2000 words.

Okay, you've heard enough whining and complaining to last a month. I promise to be better tomorrow!

Do you have any plans for the weekend? Mine revolve around the K-word and the W-word. Kidlets and writing. Hope you have a great Friday.