Friday, November 02, 2007

Guess Who Came to Dinner...

A couple of you guessed the identity of our dinner guest yesterday. The Climbing Cutie. Having him over for a home cooked meal was the least I could do after all he's done for me. He's been a climbing mentor, fitness guru and hero consultant. You know all about my climbing and Crossfit, but if you read SOS Marry Me (out in June 2008), you'll see what a big help he was with my hero Kane!

Luckily, the dinner came out well. That's always a worry when you have people over. Hubby did a great job grilling the King Salmon and steaks. He used a rub on the salmon that was totally yummy. I was in charge of the rest of the dinner. The only thing I forgot about were the mushrooms. Hubby was going to saute them to go with the steaks, but neither of us remembered. Oh, well. I don't think it mattered too much. There was still plenty of food, and as they say on the forum where I met the Climbing Cutie, the evening was super fun!

Even the kidlets thought so. Cutie and Finn looked through the climbing book he'd checked out from the library. Mackenna and Finn composed a musical piece on the piano and recorder and played it for us. All three showed off their Irish dancing. The kids hated for the night to come to an end. This morning, they were asking me again when John was coming back. They want to play another round of hide-and-seek with him. I think if I asked them what they want for Christmas, he'd be tops on their list right now!

Hope you're having a great Friday! The kids are off school and I want to take them to the Ski Show that opens today. I managed to do a little writing earlier this morning, but hope to crank out the pages tonight. What do you have going on?