Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back on Track!

I mentioned yesterday, it was time to get back to work. And that's exactly what I've been doing.

Last night I moved on to Chapter 2 of The Anatomy of Story by John Truby. I did two writing exercises. It's been a long time since I've done anything like this and I have to admit it was really fun. The first exercise was writing down all the things you'd like to see in a movie or read in a book, etc. A total brainstorm exercise. The next was to write one line premises for all the ideas you've had. This took a little more thought than the first one. Then you compare the lists. I did that instead of working on the new proposal so guess what I'll be doing today!

After a much extended vacation and recovery period, I was up at 5:35 am this morning and at the first one at the garage gym at 6 am. It felt so good to be doing Crossfit again. Five of us were there, and it was so much fun. The following is more for my own records. (I really do use this blog as a diary of sorts!)

Warmup: 500m row, 2 rounds of official Crossfit Warm-up

WOD: Cindy (puppies version) Do as many rounds in 12 minutes of: 3 jumping pull-ups, 4 box push-ups, 7 squats.


I did 12 rounds which is an improvement over my 10 rounds in November. Not bad for all the time I've had off! Now to get back climbing.

I forgot to mention. I read my first book of the year last week. (One of my resolutions was to read 52 books this year. And not counting all the kids books and easy readers I go through each day with Rose and Finn.) The book was Book 1 of the Spiderwick Chronicles. There's a title, but it escapes me at the moment. As soon as I finished, Mackenna put Book 2 on my night stand. Guess my TBR pile will have to wait!

I'm sitting at a coffee shop that's mostly a kids' play area. I thought while Rose played, I could do a little on-line stuff and writing. Of course, with all the noise, I'm not sure how much writing will be possible. I may have to wait until nap time, but it's nice to have a change of location from working in my bedroom or great room couch or kitchen table!

What's your fave place to do what you like to do?