Thursday, January 03, 2008

DMDs and MDs

I decided to take one day of the kidlet's Christmas vacation and have them visit both the dentist and the doctor for their check-ups. Today is that day. Now I'm wondering if that was such a good idea. We'll be gone most of the day. And on top of everything, tonight is the dress rehearsal for the Epiphany pageant. Oh, well, it's too late to change things now.

But the day hasn't started off the way I planned. I was supposed to be at the garage gym at 6 am for my Crossfit WOD. I woke up at 5 am, decided it was too early to get up and fell back asleep...until 8 am. I slept right through the alarm. Either that or hubby turned it off. So this morning, I went for a run. I printed off the 12 week beginner's workout and if I can't make it to the garage gym on a particular morning and don't have the equipment so I can do the WOD at home, I'm going to do whatever's on the schedule. I really have missed working out, and now that my cough is almost gone, I feel strong enough to start again!

Oh, well...at least I got a little exercise in!

No one goes back to work or school until Monday so it's been nice to be on vacation-mode still.

Hubby and I have watched three DVDs over the past four days. Something we never do. Cliffhanger (a climbing movie that made me laugh now that I know more about climbing), Amazing Grace (a confusing beginning, but once I figured out the storytelling technique it was very good), and last night, Christmas with The Kranks (a funny look at the holidays based on the book Skipping Christmas by John Grisham.)

Have you watched any good DVDs that you would recommend?