Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

We went to Mass last night so I could sleep in. Of course, I woke up at 5:45 am! Luckily I went back to sleep only to be woken up by my son. The youngest wouldn't give him his guitar back. I sent him out and went back to sleep. Soon after, the youngest showed up to serenade me with a Mother's day song. Chaos followed. She hopped on the bed and gave me good morning licks. Then it was deemed time for mommy to wake up!

I was served a yummy breakfast: strawberry smoothies, scrambled eggs, sausage, freshly baked sweet rolls and grapefruit juice. Then I was given my cards and presents.

From Mackenna who also made me a pretty, colorful framed flower picture with magnets on the back:

















From Finn who also gave me a flower he'd drawn using pastels, a beaded bookmark with a cross on the end he'd made and three paper rose coupons for me to redeem (help with dinner, help with breakfast, help with Rose):
















From Rose who also gave me a calendar with a picture she'd colored:



We were going to go skiing today, but hubby will be gone all week and we have too many things that need to get done around here. Though I'm hoping to sneak in an hour or two of writing. I'll be calling my mom, too!

How are you spending the day?