Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Return to Crossfit

Between hubby's travel schedule, kidlets being sick and me being sick, I haven't been doing a lot of Crossfit. I've still been climbing once or twice a week and working out in the weight room, but that's just not the same. I've really missed the WOD (workout of the day) and Crossfit in general. So...

This morning I started working out again with Nichole, my awesome kick-ass trainer who introduced me to all things Crossfit back in October. She's at a different gym now. It's where we take the kidlets to Crossfit Kids twice a week. And it's pretty hard core.

Needless to say, I'm dying right now.

Ouch.

We ran. Yep, ran. Okay, jogged, but that counts as running in my book. At each corner she had me do squats or good mornings. We did a 440 meter run so I could see that route, then a 400 meter run so I could see that route. We went inside for sit ups and more squats. A few pass throughs (I think that's what they are called) with a PVC pipe, too. And then goblet squats (holding weight in front of my chest.) We went over the shoulder press since I hadn't done those in a while. It was a 35 pound bar. That's the most weight I've ever pressed and it was really hard!

Then it was time for my workout of the day. She said she wouldn't time me because I was already tired. Thank goodness!

Workout:
Sprint (to dumpster and back)
10 Goblet squats
10 air squats
15 Box steps (huge box. She asked if I wanted to jump. Gave it a shot and said I wanted to step.)

Nichole was going to add shoulder presses with dumbbells but I think she realized that truly would have killed me.

It doesn't really sound like much, but it was. I managed two rounds. I was supposed to go three. I'm happy for two since I was ready to stop after one! Hard core, I am not. Just call me a big softie.

So I'm in really bad shape after doing very little exercise since March, but not as bad a shape as when I started back in October. The question is how sore will I be later today and tomorrow. And how will I do with our workouts on Thursday and Friday. Should be interesting!

Have you been doing anything physical lately?