Thursday, May 08, 2008

Tire workout

Sorry for the late post. I had another Crossfit session with Nichole this morning and have been on the go ever since.

Today's session:

Warm-up - stretches, sit-ups, kettlebell swings, 500m row, 800 m run with squats

Tire Workout (3 rounds) - 3 tire lifts/flips (similar to a deadlift but with a big tire), 10 push-ups with my hands on the tire, 10 jumping into center and out of tire

Cool down - wall squats

I was already hurting a little bit after jogging and climbing yesterday, but I think from now on I shall be perpetually sore. But I'm not complaining. It feels good. I missed Crossfit so much even though I'm not very good at it and really out of shape. I must admit, I needed a nap yesterday, but my writing productivity is up already. Six more pages last night.

Plus there's an unexpected fringe benefit I have discovered.

After two sessions, I'm quickly realizing the Lab is romance writer inspiration central. I have stumbled upon a place where the hardbodies hang out. I'm not talking about the icky body builder type physique. The Climbing Cutie started doing Crossfit here and you all know what he looks like! I'm talking athletic build. Hero bodies.

Think sweat gleaming on masculine faces and muscles after a run or workout. Imagine firefighter and military heroes who leave heroines feeling safe, secure and breathless in their arms. Not to mention totally turned-on. A kiss would have the heroine tasting a potent mixture of salt and heat. No way could she keep her hands from touching those muscles or her fingers from curling the dampened ends of his hair.

Hmmm, wonder if I can deduct my Crossfit classes as a writing expense.

Did you do anything physical today?