Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday Slow Down

Yesterday was a fun day!

It started with a little writing which was the only not fun part. I'm struggling with chapter four, but this always happens. Chapter five will be a pain, too. That's just my writing process.

Luckily, I got a call from one of the moms at the school. She reps for a clothing line and was having a trunk party at her house. I drove over to see what she had and actually found three things I liked. A olive green skirt (a knitted/almost crocheted look), a sleeveless dress that will perfect for RWA's national conference and church and this really cool crocheted brown top/jacket that you'd wear over a cami or tank. The last thing may be sold out, but I hope she can find me one because I love it.

After that it was off to the rock gym for some climbing. Even though I'm sore, I'm climbing better. I think my aching muscles are making me rely on my feet and technique more!

Then I took my oldest out of school early so she could attend an Irish Dance private lesson. While she did that, I got in a little more writing. I wanted to make some progress though so in order to go forward, I decided to go back to page one. I'm going to need to polish at some point so I figured why not now?

After dance we headed to the Lab where I had another Crossfit session with Nichole.

Warm-up: 500m row, 800+m run (with lunges and squats)
New skill learned: Front squat
Workout: 3 rounds (15, 12,9) of 10 Front squats with weighted PVC pipe and 10 Kettlebell swings (12 kg)

The other two kidlets soon arrived with hubby for their Crossfit Kids workout. It was fun to watch them having so much fun during their session with Nichole! I also kept an eye on the adult Crossfit session that was going on at the same time. The WOD looked like a total killer. I would have had to scale it significantly to have had a shot of surviving, let alone finishing.

Hanging out there turned into social hour. I met Nichole's twin brother who was visiting from the San Diego area. My climbing partner arrived for her WOD and met my family for the first time. She introduced me to a woman, who is in amazing shape but told me she almost failed boot camp due to her bad form when she first started Crossfit. I will be attending a month long Crossfit boot camp starting at the end of June so this made me feel better since I'm very worried I won't be able to do it. I also chatted with another woman, a climber from the climbing forum who had recognized me from one of my pictures and introduced herself a couple of weeks ago. She is so nice and another who is in amazing shape. I also heard she's a fantastic climber. Crossfit women's support of each other, no matter what someone's fitness level, is so cool. It's a lot like climbing in that respect.

I got to go home after that and write while hubby took the kidlets back to Irish Dance for the oldest's Friday night class. (She was so tired when she got home after all she'd done that afternoon and evening!) I managed to get through all my pages and am now ready to continue onward with the book. Fingers crossed the words flow this weekend.

I'm taking the day off from any physical activity to give my muscles a rest. 3 Crossfit sessions, 2 climbing sessions and a jog are enough for one week! But I found this quiz:





You're Pretty Fit



You do your best to work out, but you probably don't do it as much as you like.

Maybe you need to do mini-workouts throughout the day to fit in exercise...

Or maybe you need a whole new activity to motivate you.



I want to take this quiz again in another month and see if I'm more flexible and can do more modified pushups by then! What about you? Are you a Fit Girl or Guy?