Friday, August 22, 2008

Frantic Friday

I was so busy yesterday between climbing, birthday party for my nephew down in Albany Oregon and soccer practice for two different kidlets, blogging didn't even enter my mind! Glad that's over with.

Of course today, I have to finish getting ready for the trip we're leaving on in a few hours. We're going to a kids' rope up. That is a weekend of rock climbing for kids. Four families, none of whom we've met except over the Internet. We'll be camping, climbing, swimming and just having a fun time. I can't wait. My brother in law is visiting us from New York and we have our normal pet sitter who'll be around, too, so the fur babies should be fine and I won't have to worry about them at all. Just the way I like it.

Remember how I posted about the age of the Chinese gymnasts a few days ago? Check out this link. It's the blog of the guy, a US computer expert/hacker, who found the documents about their true ages. It makes for an interesting read, not just about the gymnast but how caching works on the Internet. He links to a Chinese blogger and though the text is unreadable to me, the pictures and the things he highlights are very understandable. I'm interested to hear what the IOC has to say. Supposedly a statement will be made today.

I'll be back on Sunday, but not sure what time. If it's not too late, I'll announce the winner then otherwise it'll be Monday morning. Have a great weekend!