Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Post -conference post

It's hard to believe a week ago I had woken up after spending my first night at the Marriott feeling a bit apprehensive about the start of the RWA conference. But this year's conference wasn't like others. I had way more fun than I thought I would and am now seriously considering attending next year's in Washington D.C. How's that for a one-eighty from where I was pre-conference countdown!

From the blogs I've been reading that are doing conference recaps, I'm not alone. Everyone had fun. Sure there were complaints about the cost of the hotel. And sorry, for $225 a night, internet service should be included if some of the more inexpensive chains can do it! But the conference really was great. I don't know what made the difference for me. Perhaps it was the city. I still consider San Francisco home and probably always will so that probably explains a lot of why I enjoyed myself so much. But I can't understand why in a city known for incredible cuisine, the food at the hotel, well, sucked! I'm so glad I had a tea party luncheon to attend so I didn't have to eat another meal there!

Something I forgot to mention that I must is Linda Goodnight, who wrote book 4 of The Wedding Planners continuity, won the RITA for Best Inspirational on Saturday! Isn't that cool? I was thrilled for her.

And speaking of The Wedding Planners, I'm blogging there today about, what else, the conference. I'll have pictures of the Wedding Belles who attended as well as that Wedding Plannerish moment I mentioned during the meeting with my agent at the Weston! So stop by the blog and say hi!