Sunday, December 14, 2008

I has snow!

humorous pictures
more animals

We walked into church a little before eight this morning. No snow, just cold temperatures. We walked out to find a dusting of snow on the ground and snowflakes falling from the sky. The kidlets were, in a word, gleeful!

A storm is expected to hit the PNW today with temperatures dropping this week. That could mean ice storm, but we'll take the snow today! Of course it means the kidlets won't be spending the night at my parents' house as planned. I wanted a kidfree night to wrap gifts. Oh, well...

I'll be posting the contest winner later. Just wanted to say hi now!

humorous pictures
more animals

8 comments:

Elizabeth Boyle said...

We are completely iced/snowed in. I was out with Nick and four of his friends last night at the Circus School show (which was awesome) and walked out of the community center to find that it had SNOWED and I now have five children to drive home all over my town. I felt like Santa in a mini-van. Only two deliveries were a little dicey--as they live on hills and then the white knuckle drive down our hill. I've never been so happy to see our Christmas lights sparkling against the snow. And for now, we are all home.
Wait a minute. All of them? Home? Possibly for days . . . Melissa, send a sand truck, plssss.

Dru said...

You know I'm jealous that everyone is getting snow except for us.

Stay safe and warm.

Brandy said...

I'm with Dru, I'm jealous! *G* Hope the kids enjoy the snow. Stay safe, and warm!

Virginia said...

Hi Melissa, our weather has been different this year. It has been colder this year and we have a dusting of snow a couple different times. This week we are having rain and freezing rain. We didn't have much rain all summer.

Jane said...

It was cold for the past few days and now they say we'll hit 60 on Tuesday.

limecello said...

Awe- too cute! I'm glad there's no snow now (it's all melted, thank goodness!) I do hope for a white Christmas, but if it means less snow for the rest of the year, I guess I can deal. :P I'm nearly snowed out already.

Rottie_mom said...

Congrats on the snow. Funny we had some snow last week, but this weekend it was in the 60s and 70s, but going down to 38 during the day today. Just plain weird!

catslady said...

I can't believe this weather. We too went from cold to over 60 and I'd be very happy if it would stay there for a while but alas I hear a storm is on it's way!