Saturday, February 21, 2009

Guilty Secrets

I recently received an email about the UK's World Book day. They are running a special campaign called guilty secrets. Readers can vote for their guilty secret reading pleasure. That is, the books they most enjoy reading, but don't like telling people about!

Mills & Boon, my publisher is listed as one of the author options so if you enjoy reading Harlequins, a vote for them would be most appreciated. They are up against some heavy hitters such as JK Rowling and Grisham. You can vote here. Thanks!

5 comments:

Virginia said...

I am headed over there to vote!

limecello said...

I saw that - I didn't like how they had the "which books do you claim to have read to impress people." Why claim? What if I actually did read them? :P

catslady said...

And what if you're not embarrassed to show whatever you're reading?

Melissa said...

Most romance readers I know, at least the ones on line, aren't afraid to admit they read romance. But I think non-romance readers are the ones who think it would be considered a guilty pleasure. But in this case, I think the editors are just thrilled to be on the list with the other authors and would love to make a good showing of it which is why I got the info I did about it the other day!

Tiffany said...

I see more people reading here (in the UK) than I did in the US but that's probably because I'm on the trains and underground more. I often see women (young and old) reading romance. A Brit once told me, "We like to read on the trains so we don't have to talk to each other."