Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fun in the Snow

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

We spent this morning up at Timberline skiing. The weather was pretty bad with lots of snow falling and wind. The kidlets persevered though. I was proud of them.

The snow was a heavy powder, very hard to turn in. We all took tumbles. Though when I fell, they kept going and were soon out of sight. I didn't like that at all, especially with Finn dashing into the trees and taking jumps. I had to put an end to that. All I could think was tree wells! Those can be very dangerous. I promised him once it was more spring skiing conditions he could do tree ski, but there was just too much deep powder right now!

By lunchtime, everyone was hungry. We ate in the lodge, warmed up with hot chocolate and with a unanimous vote decided not to go back out. The weather had worsened by then. So we packed up our cooler, gathered our things and headed to the minivan.

Chaos accompanied us to Mt. Hood. She also got to have fun with a long walk where she had a blast playing in the deep snow. She was up to her chest and bounding through it. She couldn't get enough of it! I'm sure she can't wait until we go again. If the weather takes a turn for the better, that'll be tomorrow!

How's the weather where you are?