Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Picky Cats

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

My three kitties have been so patient while Rose has been sick. Oh, they all still want their attention, but they seem to realize other stuff has been going on.

Until last night.

We ran out of cat food. I couldn't get to the store, but no problem. I had a couple of bags of another food I'd gotten really cheap during the latest Living Well promotion that I coupled with a big coupon at Safeway (4 lbs for $1.49.) I bought the new food because I figured I'd mix their bag of the food they normally eat (3 lbs for $6) with the sale food and extend the expensive stuff a little.

A good plan, except last night the only thing I had to feed them was the new cat food.

Guess what? They wouldn't eat it. Not a bite.

Talk about picky cats!

Luckily Rose was feeling a little better, so I bundled her up, and I got their normal cat food. I just filled their bowl and mixed the two together. Time will tell what happens, but I blame hubby for buying the expensive brand in the first place!

If they won't eat the new food I'll donate the unopened bag to the Humane Society and see if I can find someone who wants the opened bag. It's supposed to be good food so I have no idea why my furbabies are so darn picky.

I actually found a few minutes to write today which felt so good. I'm hoping in another day or two things will be totally back to normal. How are things with you?

7 comments:

Brandy said...

I hope Rose is getting better and feeling better. I totally understand the kitties not eating it thing. Cats do noy like change. *g*
I hear you on ethe "expensive" food. We pay $21 a bag for 16lbs.. And go through at least three of those a month.
Hugs for you and Rose!

Dru said...

My evening was great. Thanks to my participation in the crossfit challenge, I'll attribute my weight and inches loss to it.

How is Rose this evening? I hope she is on the mends.

Marianne Arkins said...

My local shelter takes opened bags, too. I know from when my SIL lost her cat, and when I lost my dog -- we both had open bags.

And, heck... if you had a choice between spam and lobster, what would you choose. I won't go into my lecture about feeding healthy food to pets... *G*

I'm glad Rose is feeling better.

Melissa McClone said...

Glad to know the shelters take open bags.

The food I bought on sale is normally more expensive and very healthy with no sugar or fillers, but with a $3 coupon plus being on sale, it really dropped the price. I'd never feed them "spam."

Anne-Kathrine said...

Good to hear that Rose is starting to feel better.

LOL about picky cats. Mine 2 are on prescription food because Pirata has chronic urine infections and Patches get bladder stones (last round took 13 weeks of antibiotics sigh). They are doing well on the food from the vets but would love to feed them a better quality food for the $48 I spend on a 5 lb bag of dry food and 24 small cans of canned food. Oh well they are almost 13 yrs old so have to cater to them lol.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

catslady said...

I'm currently feeding 6 cats inside and 4 outside. I buy quite a variety of different foods (no off brands) and I shudder to think how much I spend. I try to put out a variety of kinds but there are times when none of them seem to want something (even the ferals can be picky lol) but eventually they find something they'll eat (or the possums and raccoons get a treat).

Jane said...

Happy to hear that Rose is feeling better.