Monday, June 22, 2009

100 Things

I got this from Marianne.

The instructions: Just copy the list of 100 accomplishments, highlight the ones you've achieved in bold, and elaborate as desired.

001. Started my own blog.

002. Slept under the stars. Many times, but I remember once in Arizona when I was camping with a co-worker and a four-footed something paid us a visit and was walking on the bottom of my sleeping bag while I tried not to shriek or move.

003. Played in a band. Clarinet. I started in 5th grade and continued through college.

004. Visited Hawaii. First time was for Spring Break my sophomore year of college. Other times were when I worked for United Airlines since it was so cheap to get over there.

005. Watched a meteor shower.

006. Given more than I can afford to charity.

007. Been to DisneyWorld/Land. Disneyland more times than I can count.

008. Climbed a mountain. Not yet, but I hope to do this one of these days!

009. Held a praying mantis.

010. Sung a solo. I had to sing alone when I tried out for honors choir if that counts.

011. Bungee jumped.

012. Visited Paris. I backpacked around Europe after I graduated college.

013. Watched lightning at sea. On a cruise ship.

014. Taught myself an art from scratch. Wood burning.

015. Adopted a child.

016. Had food poisoning. And that's why I rarely eat Chinese food anymore.

017. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.

018. Grown my own vegetables.

019. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. See above for backpacking trip. It was smaller than I imagined.

020. Slept on an overnight train. See above for backpacking trip. I remember overnight trains from Paris to Cannes, Nice to Rome, Rome to Interlaken.

021. Had a pillow fight.

022. Hitchhiked.

023. Taken a sick day when you're not ill.

024. Built a snow fort.

025. Held a lamb. I fed a lamb when I was little and took some for myself. My mom was sure I would die drinking from the same bottle as it.

026. Gone skinny dipping. Last time was in Puerto Rico.

027. Run a marathon.

028. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.

029. Seen a total eclipse.

030. Watched a sunrise or a sunset.

031. Hit a home run.

032. Been on a cruise. A cruise in the Galapagos Islands and on the QE2 out of Southampton

033. Seen Niagara Falls in person.

034. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors.

035. Seen an Amish community.

036. Taught myself a new language. I'm learning Latin.

037. Had enough money to be satisfied. At times.

038. Had a tatoo removed.

039. Spit off a bridge.

040. Seen Michelangelo's David. It's gorgeous.

041. Sung karaoke. Other's wish I hadn't.

042. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. I've been to Yellowstone twice.

043. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.

044. Visited Africa.

045. Walked on a beach by moonlight. We went to Antigua and Grenada for our Honeymoon.

046. Been transported in an ambulance. Did the for the first time on Memorial day.

047. Had my portrait painted.

048. Gone deep sea fishing.

049. Been to the Sistine Chapel in person.

050. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. I think it was closed when we were there, but not sure which tells me that's probably a no. I'm going to have to ask my friend Deb.

051. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. I'm certified for scuba diving.

052. Kissed in the rain.

053. Played in the mud.

054. Gone to a drive-in theater. My first movie was a drive-in. When I lived in Tempe, we used to go to the drive-in a lot. We'd bring lawn chairs and sit between to speakers. Fun times.

055. Been in a movie. I was an extra in Howard the Duck.

056. Visited the Great Wall of China.

057. Started a business.

058. Taken a martial arts class.

059. Visited Russia.

060. Served at a soup kitchen.

061. Sold Girl Scout cookies.

062. Gone whale watching.

063. Got flowers for no reason.

064. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma.

065. Gone sky diving.

066. Visited a Nazi concentration camp site. Dachau

067. Bounced a check.

068. Flown in a helicopter.

069. Saved a favorite childhood toy up until adulthood. I still have a little pink phone my dad bought me for Christmas. I was four months old at the time.

070. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. I think I actually sat on his lap. This was back when I was little. I was born right outside DC.

071. Eaten caviar. It's salty.

072. Pieced a quilt.

073. Stood in Times Square.

074. Toured the Everglades.

075. Been fired from a job.

076. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. A couple of different times on various trips to London.

077. Broken a bone. My thumb during a sailing race on SF Bay. My hubby-then boyfriend-told me nothing was wrong and made me keep going. It hurt so bad.

078. Been on a speeding motorcycle.

079. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. I used to live in Arizona.

080. Published a book. More than 1!

081. Visited the Vatican. Been to the museum, Mass and confession there.

082. Bought a brand new car. I've only owned new cars.

083. Walked in Jerusalem.

084. Had my picture in the newspaper. A couple of times.

085. Read the entire Bible.

086. Visited the White House. I'd have to ask my mom. I would have been very little if I did.

087. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.

088. Had chickenpox.

089. Saved someone's life.

090. Overcome a physical disability.

091. Met someone famous. Hayden Christensen in Reno.

092. Joined a book club. But I later quit.

093. Lost a loved one. Nephew

094. Had a baby. Three, actually.

095. Seen the Alamo in person.

096. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.

097. Been involved in a law suit.

098. Owned a cell phone. But I rarely use it. My hubby laughs at all my rollover minutes.

099. Been stung by a bee. A couple of times. Boy, does it hurt.

100. Ridden an elephant.

What about you?