Monday, August 24, 2009

Futility

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Have you ever felt like this LOLcat? I know I have.

Lately, I've been wondering where I'll find the time to get everything done on my To Do list. There are about ten items that I can't put off. They must be completed on time, and a few of them are things I can only do myself. My hand injury kept me from getting to some things until now which means...

Everything is coming to a head at once making me feel like George Clooney's crew in The Perfect Storm. I'm sure you've found yourself in the same situation. You might even be there right now yourself.

I've realized freaking out won't help matters (even if I might feel better throwing a hissy fit or two!) What I need to do is be more organized and micro-manage my time. Neither of those things are strong points of mine, but I work best under pressure. I've come up with a schedule to help keep me on track the next few weeks. The key will be sticking to it!

If you're curious, I'm using a block schedule, assigning alloted chunks of time, but not the specific time/hours I will do things. I think this will help me keep the schedule better and still give me time to have fun with the kids. (i.e. trying to set myself up for success, not failure!)

I really want to succeed. I don't want to feel like the LOLcat above!