Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Holding up!

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I can so relate to this LOLcat. It's one of those weeks where I'm crafting, writing, organizing and getting back in school mode for the kidlets. Tomorrow night I'm supposed to have samples of the crafts for the year. Not. Going. To. Happen. I have some of them done, but not all 24 crafts.

One craft, a fleece hat, needs to have two seams sewed, and I have no idea where my sewing machine is. I need to find it because I must stitch 48 fleece hats this month for our October meeting. The girls will be threading a coordinating color through the brim and cutting/tying off the top. They will be donated to the Community Transitional School in Portland as well as Human Solutions which runs shelters for homeless.

The good news is I'm halfway through the revisions, and the new Christmas story is finally coming together. I know the opening chapter! I think this will be a fun story and work great for the winter season. It was just hard to start over and toss what I had before. Since I'm keeping the same characters and setting, I really can't save the old stuff. It just wouldn't work since the conflicts will still be the same, just now it's winter on Mount Hood, not autumn.

I've discovered iCal on my computer and trying to be more organized. Emphasis on trying! But yesterday went well. Today probably would have gone better had I remembered to print out the schedule. Oh, well, a new routine takes time to get used to!

Hope you had a nice Tuesday!