Thursday, December 31, 2009

Random End of the Year Post

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Our trip to Bend was exactly what we needed. Sledding, skiing and visiting with friends. Can't beat that. Both hubby (his first time on skies in over a year due to his knee surgery) and I did fine skiing though by 2 o'clock my legs were tight and cramping.

The only injury suffered was when I hit my foot on a step stool helping my friend Tiffany take down her Christmas tree. I'm not sure if my toe is broken or not, but it sure is ugly. Luckily it's my second toe so I can still wear shoes.

We also managed to get a photo taken for our Christmas/New Years cards. I can pick them up from Costco today!

Yesterday was hubby's birthday! I wish we could say we did a lot to celebrate, but most of the day was spent in the car. We figured our big cats could last three nights alone which meant we needed to head home. We'd left Yoda with my parents since he's too little to be alone for that long.

We stopped off at Red Robin's for dinner. The other place he'd wanted, Claim Jumper, had an hour and a half wait. We got home too late for us to make a cake so that's on the schedule for today.

It's time for me to get serious with the revisions. I have a new conflict for my hero and hoping this one works better than my other ideas. I also need to come up with some goals/resolutions for the new year.

I'm so happy, relieved that 2009 is almost over. This really wasn't a good year for us. I'm hoping and praying 2010 is much better!