Thursday, December 10, 2009

Yoda and more

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Adding Yoda to our family has been interesting. The older cats really don't seem to like him, yet they've started venturing out of our bedroom and downstairs with the family. Even though they seem annoyed when he chases them, I think they kind of like it. They are moving more and wanting to play with us! A very nice thing. They just don't like it when Yoda tries to eat their food!

We've had the tree up now a few days with no ornaments. I've decided to skip putting all my expensive Radko's on, but we'll put the others up and just be very careful what goes on the lower branches. My biggest fear was Yoda wanting to climb the tree, but so far that hasn't happened.

I am thinking of skipping putting up my Dept. 56 New England Village. They go along the window sills in our kitchen eating area, great room and study. Yoda loves to run along the sill, sleep there, play. All the houses I have are retired and many have little details I imagine would be very attractive to a curious kitty. I think it just might be safer to to wait a year before bringing them out. With my other cats, they went on the fireplace mantle or on top of my computer armoire so they were completely out of reach.

Finally, thanks for all the congrats on the Romantic Times Reviewers Choice nomination. My agent, Annelise, sent me a list of the Harlequin Romance finalists. I've been in continuities with two of the authors, Fiona Harper (Blinddatebrides.com) and Myna Mackenzie (Wedding Planners and the upcoming Girls' Weekend in Vegas.)

If you like reading the Harlequin Romance line or are curious what the line I write for is about, you can't go wrong with any of these authors so check them out:

• CINDERELLA’S WEDDING WISH by Jessica Hart (Mar.)
• INVITATION TO THE BOSS’S BALL by Fiona Harper (Sep.)
• A TRIP WITH THE TYCOON by Nicola Marsh (Sep.)
• THE FRENCHMAN’S PLAIN-JANE PROJECT by Myrna Mackenzie (Oct.)
• MEMO: THE BILLIONAIRE’S PROPOSAL by Melissa McClone (Sep.)