Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Games

Funny Pictures of Cats With Captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Last night the kidlets realized the Olympics weren't going to be on next week, too. Lots of sad faces. Except for the youngest who said, I'm too young. I doubt I'll remember much. But next time I will! She's busy trying to figure out what Olympic sport she wants to do.

The ice skating competition last night was great. Hubby thinks it's not a sport (and I know a lot of people rank it up there with rhythmic gymnastics), but the top five dance teams really put on a show last night. Everyone was at the top of their game. And the Canadian pair, Virtue and Moir, really outdid themselves. It was worth staying up late to see the medal ceremony! Such joy from the gold medal winners!

Earlier on the evening, Michael Phelps talked about being at the Olympics and not competing. My son was hanging on every word he said. The London Olympics can't come too soon for him.

Tom Brokaw had a wonderful story on snowboarder Kevin Pearce and his family. If you didn't get a chance to see it, go here and watch. It's very touching and inspiring.

I found it on YouTube since many mac users won't be able to watch it on the NBC site.



Better get to work if I want to watch tonight!